Monday, October 1, 2007

Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter, Vol. 3/Da Drought 3


Over the weekend, I spent a lot of time driving to and from my former roommates wedding. As a result I spent a lot of time catching up on new music. Most notably, I found, was that I need to devote more time to the latest Okkervill River album, and two, that there is a new Lil Wayne disc coming; though probably not until next year.

Lil Wayne has been trumpeting himself as the best rapper alive in the past year or so, which I tend to agree with. I'll give you a pass on not fully immersing yourself in Lil Wayne's catalog, especially since he's probably the 159th rapper to make the aforementioned claim.

Now the proper album might not be released until next year, but many of the tracks have been circulating the net as a mix tape of a similar name. One track that is gaining steam, and is a result of these seesions (not included on this edition of De Drought) is 'I Feel Like Dying', on which you'll find an honest, if not somewhat sinister account of Weezy's drug use. This isn't a typical durg anthem. Wayne doesn't go on about how much, or how good he somkes. If anything, the production and Kanye West-esque chorus communicate the feeling that many of us have had after coming down from a night mis-spent.

Download: Lil Wayne - I Feel Like Dying

Don't believe me, check out what the good folks at Pitchfork had to say.

Digg this

No comments: