Saturday, September 8, 2007

Why I'm Watching More TV Than Usual


Watching TV has always been a favorite past time of mine. Not only does it provide a great escape from reality, but it also provides fodder for my obscenely short attention span. What's making me watch more than ever is the fact that the commercials in between are now allowing me to listen to my record collection without leaving the couch. Peter Bjorn and John lending their pop sensibility to Pontiac and Levi's, Modest Mouse helping to hock Nissans, The Flaming Lips making neon Dell lap tops seem like a good idea. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.

At this point I suppose you're expecting a diatribe about the dangers of selling out. Maybe you're thinking about how this might lessen the quality of the music we love, because bands might concern themselves with writing a "jingle" instead of a song; that's not where I'm going. I guess I'm just trying to say that I'm happy the 4-5 minutes in between actual showtime now plays like a Girl Talk album. Ok, maybe it's not mashing Clipse and Grizzly Bear, but I don't really mind the droning of talk about cellphone coverage so long as it's over top of one of my favorite New Order songs.

Digg this

1 comment:

Columbus Cabinets said...

Greeat blog I enjoyed reading