Monday, August 27, 2007

Intermission: The Best of the Solo Recordings 1990-1997

I've been a long-time fan of the Go-Betweens, often going through extended phases of listening to nothing but the brilliant 80's Australian band. That said, I never checked out solo albums by either of the groups leaders. Luckily for people like me, Beggars Banquet released a 2-CD retrospective earlier this year with a disc dedicated to each Robert Forster and the late Grant McClennan. The Lennon/McCartney comparisons are hard to avoid with Forsters songs tending to be more brooding and edgy while McClennan retains a thick pop sheen.

Sadly, Grant McClennan passed away last year shortly after selecting the tracklist for this compilation.

Download:
Grant McClennan - Haven't I Been A Fool
Robert Forster - I'll Jump

-------------------
Buy Intermission: The Best of the Solo Recordings at Amazon.com

Digg this

No comments: